Selfie Sketchez's Terms of Service
Last update: July 2017
Welcome to SelfieSketchez.com, an online artist service.
The following terms and conditions (these "Terms of Service"), govern your access to and use of the SelfieSketchez.com website, including any content, functionality and services offered on or through SelfieSketchez.com (the "Site"), Rhoads Design Studio,LLC. or Digital Caricatures Live ( DCL).
Our Customer Support team is available 24/7 if you have any questions regarding the Site or Terms of Service. Contacting our Customer Support team can be performed by submitting a request on our contact page.
Sketches, Sketchez, Drawings or Gigs are services offered on SelfieSketchez.com or DCL
Artists are users who offer and perform services through Gigs or Orders on SelfieSketchez.com
Buyers are users who purchase artwork on SelfieSketchez.com
Hire Us are additional services offered on top of the SelfieSketchez.com for an additional price upon request
Multiples are additional quantities of unique orders.
Custom Offers are exclusive proposals that a seller can create in response to specific requirements of a buyer.
Custom Orders are requests made by a buyer to receive a Custom Offer from a seller.
Orders are the formal agreement between a buyer and seller after a purchase was made.
Disputes are disagreements experienced during an order between a buyer and SelfieSketchez.com
Revenue is the money SelfieSketchez.com or the artists earns from a completed order.
- Only registered artists may draw for SelfieSketchez.com.
Drawings on SelfieSketchez.com may be offered at a base starting price of $29.
- Buyers pay SelfieSketchez.com in advance to create an order.
- Orders are purchased through the Order button found on the homepage and follow prompts to complete a transaction.
- Buyers are not granted all rights for the delivered work, unless otherwise specified by SelfieSketchez.com Note: SelfieSketchez.com charges additional payments (through Gig Extras) for Commercial Use License. Contact us us if you wish to reproduce the art for any use.
- SelfieSketchez.com retains the right to use all published delivered works for marketing and promotion purposes including all pictures submitted to our site.
- We care about your privacy. At no point will we ever sell or publish your personal information provide to make a purchase through SelfieSketchez.com
SelfieSketchez.com may also offer Custom Offers to buyers at any time.
- If an order is cancelled prior to the drawing being created by an artist before 4pm each day...the full amount can be reimbursed. After 5pm each day, any refunds will take 2-3 days. If the drawing is completed and delivered, no refunds are allowed, only redrawn.
- Some of the services offered on SelfieSketchez.com can be printed and physically delivered (Mugs, Canvas/Poster Prints, T-Shirts, Stationery, etc.).
- Important: Buyers who use the Printing Services that require physical delivery, will be asked to provide a valid shipping address.
- You can use the Printing Services for delivered work, to which you own all right, title, and interest. Such delivered work must not contain any libelous or otherwise illegal content, and does not actually or potentially infringe or misappropriate the copyright, trademark, or proprietary or intellectual property right of any person. You can report any claims of copyright infringement (DMCA notices) or trademark infringement in accordance with our Intellectual Property claims procedures.
- Upon completion of a Printing Order, Buyer will receive a confirmation email containing a Printing Order ID as well as the specific details of the Printing Order.
- By using the Printing Services you hereby grant to SelfieSketchez.com and Scalable Press, a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free sub-license to edit, modify, adapt, translate, exhibit, publish, transmit, copy, prepare derivative works from, distribute, perform, display and use any delivered work in order to perform the Printing Services.
- Artists will be paid per head and shoulder, 5x7” 300DPI, drawing completed in color.
- Payments will be made bi-monthly to the artist, on the 1st and 15th.
- Artists must set up an auto deposit or ACH to enable payment processing, by providing their Banking account number, routing and full name.
- Processing will take one day on some accounts.
- Any problems with payments, please send an email to email@example.com
- You may not offer direct payments to artists outside of SelfieSketchez.com.
- SelfieSketchez.com retains the right to use all publically published delivered works for SelfieSketchez.com marketing and promotional purposes.
- Buyers pay SelfieSketchez.com to create an order using the Check Out button one our Order Page.
- In addition buyers can request a Custom Order which addresses specific buyer requirements, and receive a Custom Offer from SelfieSketchez.com through the site.
- Sketches/ Drawings may be purchased using one of the following payment methods: Credit Card, PayPal or Fiverr Credit.
- Each Drawing will be Digitally sent, 5x7"size at 300dpi. Delivery is over email for the soft copy. A printed copy will be mailed to shipping address given when making the purchase. Allow 7-10 days for the printed copy to arrive.
- Shipping and Handling fees are added at the time of purchase where a buyer can review and accept the total amount requested to pay. These fees cover payment processing and handling of artwork fees.
- You may not offer sellers to pay, or make payment using any method other than through the SelfieSketchez.com site. In case you have been asked to use an alternative payment method, please report it immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800-610-6341 Ext 1
- Once payment is confirmed, your order will be created and given a unique SelfieSketchez.com order number.
- Artists at SelfieSketchez.com must given a high quality picture or image/ files to work off. In the event a file is hard to see, we will email you for another.
Buyer will receive an email after making the purchase notifying them that the process has begun and the artist is starting the work.
- An order is marked as complete after the artist 2) uploads 3) verifies the created sketch/art and 4) Confirms Order is Ready through the email system. An order will be automatically sent to the Buyer via email only after Step 4 is completed. The artist is responsible for uploading the correct file, accurately named per email order number.
- When an order is placed, the Artist on schedule, is responsible for viewing email, confirming image meets their expectations and contacting SelfieSketchez.com if there are any problems within one hour.
Artists are required to meet the delivery time of 24 hours to SelfieSketchez.com
- Artists must send completed file using the 4 step Deliver Method in email and mark the order as Confirmed.
- SelfieSketchez.com will not be held responsible for any transferred viruses or any damages which might occur due to site usage, use of content or files transferred.
- If an artist cannot fulfill the order, or complete it for any reason, SelfieSketchez.com must be notified immediately.
- Artwork created is custom in nature, and subjective. SelfieSketchez.com will not freely make revisions to the art. Artwork created is in the style displayed so the buyers will know in advance the drawings will be in this style and not meant to be an exact representation or “portrait”.
- Buyers may however, use the "Request Revisions" feature located on the Order Received Email or email SelfieSketchez.com to make any changes. Each Change will be $5 additional. Changes such as Eye Color, Hair Color are an example. Full redo of drawing is on a per request basis and at SelfieSketchez.com discretion.
Ownership and limitations: Unless clearly stated otherwise, when the work is delivered, and subject to payment, the buyer is not granted any intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyrights for the work delivered from SelfieSketchez.com. An additional payment for these rights is possible by contacting Selfie Sketchez. Work created by SelfieSketchez.com and its artists cannot be reproduced. It may however be used on Digital Platforms and all social media. SelfieSketchez.com retains these rights in order to create products for the customer.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL SelfieSketchez.com, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, SUBCONTRACTED ARTISTS, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.